We have been walking a lot and I have been trying to make the most of being in Germany. For me that means letting go of my fears of going into German places of business. I know that sounds crazy, but I have always been intimidated to go into our town for fear they will not understand me or be rude to me because I don't speak German (it has happened before). Lately, I have been going to the bakery and butcher here in town and they have been very helpful and kind. Most of the time at the butcher I just point to what I want and tell her how many slices. The girl who has been working the last 2 times has been so nice and given Grey some gelbwurst (yellow sausage) to taste. He LOVES it!!! It is kind of like a lighter, not so salty, version of bologna. At the bakery I have fallen in love with the wellness brot. It has lots of seeds and carrots in it. Sounds crazy, but trust me...it is so fresh and yummy! The bakery worker gave Grey half of a white roll the other day and he loved that too. We sat outside and he ate his roll and gelbwurst and I ate my smoked ham and wellness brot and soaked in the sunshine. I felt totally German:)
Everything is in full bloom with the warm weather and all of the Germans are planting their gardens. I have not planted anything yet, but have plans to...we will see if it happens. Our tulips in the backyard have bloomed and they are such a nice sight to see when I look out the kitchen. I finally got some picture of Grey with them this morning.
P.S. May means that Davis comes home NEXT month and I couldn't be more ready and excited!!!!
| "Okay, I am so over this Mom!" |


No comments:
Post a Comment