Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

10 months

Wow, I cannot believe Grey is 10 months old.  He is changing so much everyday.  We went to his 9 month appt. late because it took a while to get in with the doctor after we got here.  He only weighed 17lbs. 10oz., which puts him in the 5% in weight.  His height is still in like the 70%, so the doctor just said he will probably be tall and slim.  His head and height and development are right on track, so the doctor wasn't really worried about it.  If he could see how much this kid moves and never stops he would understand why he is so slim.  IF he ever slows down I am sure he will bulk up.
The main changes since my last post are:

-He has started pointing at things that he wants or sees.  Sometimes I have no clue what he is pointing at and I don't really know if he knows sometimes.  My favorite is when he wakes up from his nap he will play for a little bit and then when he gets tired of waiting on me to come get him he will throw all of his pacis out of the bed and start fussing.  The second I walk in the door he starts pointing to the picture of the cow on his wall (a remeberance from da-da-da).  Cows are most definitely his favorite animal right now. 




-He is cruising a little bit on furniture.  Most of the time he will just plop down and crawl and then pull back up though.  He has moved from one piece of furniture to another while standing a few times, but I am not encouraging it.  He needs to wait till his Daddy gets here to walk :) 
-He has 2 teeth now and they are so sharp.  I would love to have a picture to show you his teeth, but that is just not happening.  He won't even let me see them, much less be still enough to snap a picture.  I can feel them on the spoon when I feed him though and he is enjoying being able to "bite" into his crackers now.  He has continued to eat WHATEVER I put in front of him.  He even tried imitation crab the other night and loved it (technically it is white fish since it is imitaion).

I got my red spatula!
-He LOVES to take a bath.  I have some fun bath toys in there, but the only thing he plays with is a rubber spatula I put in there for him to play with before the boxes with the bath toys got here.  He keeps that spatula in his hand the WHOLE time he is in the bath tub (he keeps it in his left hand...could he be a lefty like his daddy?)  I don't know why he loves it so much? 









-He loves music and singing and whenever I sing to him (in my beautiful singing voice) he starts talking really loud like he is trying to join in...come to think of it maybe he just gets louder because he wants me to stop :)  He loved music when I was pregnant too because whenever we would sing at church he would kick like crazy.


- He is so curious and observant and loves people watching (especially other kids/babies). 
This is his buddy Finn. 
-He likes our afternoon runs and ususally snoozes for a little bit.  I got a new jogging stroller and it is AWESOME and he loves it too because it is more comfortable for him and has shocks to help with the bumps and cobblestone.  He really liked the box that it came in the most though:)


-I am baby proofing the house more and more each day.  Lately, I am having to remember to always shut the toilet lid.  He loves putting stuff in there...like my brush and some athletic tape :)

 -He loves playing peek-a-boo and pulls the towel over his face after bathtime and plays peek-a-boo.  He did it to an old couple in the bakery the other day with his blanket.  They thought it was so cute and uttered lots of German baby talk to him.  We both just smiled like we knew what they said :)





1 comment:

  1. Thank you, sweetheart, for your wonderful updates! They make me happy and sad at the same time!

    ReplyDelete