Well, today starts the day of officially being "on my own" with a newborn. I took my in-laws to the airport this morning and said good-bye and came back to a very empty house. Davis and I are so blessed to have such loving, giving, supportive parents. What good role models we have as we start this journey into parenthood.
Davis left for Afghanistan last Friday. Saying good-bye was possibly the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
We were so thankful that he at least got 2 weeks with Grey though. I had prayed for that from the start because the main body was actually set to leave basically on my due date. Some guys had to go ahead and deploy and will not get to be there for the birth of their child. I do not know what I would have done without Davis there to encourage and support me through the birth and first two weeks. He is what I call my "sanity". He grounds me and was so helpful. Being a father came so naturally to him. He knew just what to do for Grey and for me.
As much as I hate that he will be gone for most of the 1st year of Grey's life, I am so very proud of him for serving our country and fighting for our freedoms. The Army is so lucky to have men like him.
So Grey is 3 weeks old now and time has flown by. As much as I don't want to wish his 1st year away, I hope the time continues to fly so Davis will be home. His little umbilical cord thing fell off this afternoon as I was changing his diaper. I wanted it to fall of while my in-laws were here so I wouldn't have to do the first bath by myself. I guess that is something exciting to look forward to on my first night at home alone though. So Grey will get his first "real" bath tonight and we will pray it goes well.
God really knew what I needed when he created Grey. He is such a precious baby with such a good demeanor. He has a little fussy time in the afternoon, but I think most baby's do. He takes great morning naps in his bed and sleeps in his bed all night. He ate at 9:30 last night and went straight down and slept until 3:30. I meant to wake him up at 2:30 because the doctor said he should eat at least every 5 hours at night, but this sleepy new momma slept through her alarm clock. When he wakes up hungry he rarely cries...he grunts. It is the funniest little noise that sounds like a billy goat. I feed him and he goes right back to sleep in his crib. I love this little man so much and feel so blessed!



No comments:
Post a Comment