Thursday, May 19, 2011
The Nursery and Sewing
So lately my sewing machine and I have become quite close! We don't spend a day apart. I have sewn lots of pillows and burp cloths and baby clothes. Davis jokes that nothing gets done around the house anymore now that I figured out how to plug my sewing machine in the German outlets. I have also been working on the baby nursery a lot. I have ordered more online for the nursery than I have ever ordered online in my life because of the lack of choices over here. Let me rephrase that...there are plenty of choices, but they are heinous! I still have to get a rug and some artwork for the walls, but the bare bones are ready for this little guy to get here! Anyway, here are some pictures of what I have been doing.
The crib is not my first choice, but I actually like the way it turned out. This was one of 2 cribs that met the American safety standards over here and the other one was an absolute no go! The bedding still has to be washed so it is quite wrinkly...please ignore that part.
I sewed the fabric to the bottom of the curtains I already had to make them match the bedding.

These are the many pillows I have sewn. I have learned how to do cording on a pillow, how to make on overlapping back of the pillow for washing, and how to make ruffles. I am still waiting on the duvet cover to come in the mail.

This is the burp cloth I made so Davis would feel at home burping the baby.
I was a little ruffle happy after I learned how to make ruffles so I made this burp cloth, which might have to be a gift to someone having a girl.
These are all the burp cloths I have been experimenting with.
I learned how to embroider on my sewing machine. Definitely not as good as an embroidery machine, but it will have to do until D lets me shell out the big bucks for one.
I had to include a little Auburn Tiger action for him to sport in Germany.
The 2 jon-jons I made. I can't wait to get more fabric to make some more.
And finally the diaper cover. I only made one because you are supposed to measure the baby's legs to find out how long to make the elastic and we obviously don't have a baby to measure yet. I didn't want to make a lot and them not fit his fat or skinny legs..whatever the case may be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ummm...excuse me?!!?!? Martha Stewart!! A Jon Jon?!?! You are so talented!!! I just learned how to turn my sewing machine ON and you are going to town! Get it!
ReplyDeleteI am really impressed because you have basically taught yourself! I love everything you have done, sweetheart. I really impressed with the cording on the pillows too!
ReplyDelete