We got in the car after Davis got off work on Thurs. and ended up driving through an awful snow storm that slowed us down a lot. We eventually got into Paris at about midnight and checked in and passed out from our long drive.
Friday we woke up ready to go. We had not made any real plans so we just hopped on the subway and headed to the Eifel Tower. It was kind of overcast this morning, but after lunch the clouds cleared and the rest of the weekend we had sun. It was still freezing though.
| Grey was not too into the Eifel Tower |
| Grey perked up for the bike tour we took |
| The military school |
| The church where Napoleon is buried |
| I don't think they have too many bike trailers in Paris because everyone seemed to stop and stare at Davis and Grey...Could just be cause they are cute though :) |
| Note to self: white puffy jacket + 30 weeks pregnant = not the best look |
| So excited to run around a bit |
| Feeding the ducks after eating lunch and falling in a mud puddle |
| The Louvre |
| Bike tour at 30 weeks was a good idea for the first hour or 2, but by hour 3 I was ready for it to be over. My equilibrium was a little off....it was a fun way to see the city though! |
| It totally wore Grey out :) I think he looks like a homeless man in this picture. He was soooo dirty from falling in the mud puddle. |
| Bottom of the pyramid at the Louvre |
| Grey had been in his stroller a lot this day so we found a |
| Day 2: Notre Dame |
| sweet boy |
| Grey could not get enough of the pigeons so we saved bread from lunch to feed them. |
| Sometimes he got confused and ate the bread himself :) |
| Add caption |
| We eventually ran out of bread and he started throwing rocks....that was the end of the birds hanging around |
| This face cracks me up....I think he had just seen a horse and carriage or something |
| We chased Grey around a LOT |
| Watching big boys play soccer |
| Grey got to ride his first merry go round |
| He wasn't too sure of it at first and didn't like that it passed us by, but quickly learned it was fun to just wave and see us the next time he came around. |
| We got to this neat park right as everything was closing so all we really got to see was the backside of the ponies leaving, but Grey was still amazed |
I somehow managed to get no pictures from Versailles from the last day. We took a train there and spent basically the whole day there. Grey was not in a good mood and strollers were not allowed in the palace so it made for an interesting day. I ended up having to wear him in a backpack on the front on top of my large pregnant belly and he didn't like it any more than I did. After the tour of the palace we did end up having a nice walk around the gardens and a little lunch by a pond with more ducks so we ended on a good note.
All in all our trip to Paris was a success. There was lots of walking and lugging the stroller up and down subway steps, which made for one sore pregnant momma. It was totally worth it though and I am so glad we finally checked Paris off our list.
Now it is back to reality and starting to pack our house because we move back to the states in about a month.


So glad you got to check Paris off! You guys and your adventures...I am IM-PRESSED at you on that bike Missy! OHHHH...and I laughed out loud at your comment about your puffy coat and being 30 weeks. I think you look cute as can be, but I could hear you making that comment as clear as if you were sitting next to me. Glad you'll at least be in the STATE next to me soon! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteCaroline