This was our 5th Christmas to be married and we FINALLY had our first Christmas tree. We have always gone home like a week before Christmas and just procrastinated and not gotten one. This year I was determined to have one and it did not disappoint. We went to cut our own tree, but it was so snowy and wet we settled for a tree they had already cut.
We didn't have many ornaments since we had never had a tree, but we started adding to our collection this year as we visited a couple German Christmas markets.
Grey loved helping decorate the tree and surprisingly he left it alone for the most part. We did have a couple of ornaments go flying across the room when they were mistaken for balls, but luckily they were unbreakable :)
Okay, I know that is a lot of pictures of Grey decorating the tree, but it was just so precious how into it he was.
This is the finished product. Not the biggest or brightest tree, but I wasn't about to buy more than 1 strand of Christmas lights that won't work in our American outlets next year. (Many of you know how cheap I am:)
I loved being able to turn off the lights though and have the Christmas tree on at night.
As I said, we went to some great Christmas markets here in Germany. They are a really big deal here. The first one we went to was in Nuremburg and it was soooo crowded and cold and not very stroller friendly with the crowd so we didn't enjoy it as much as the next one we went to. I didn't get any pics except this one of how bundled up we had Grey. It was COLD!!!
We went a couple weeks later to a smaller Christmas market and even though it was still REALLY
cold we enjoyed this market a lot more and got some great goodies for our tree and some gifts.
| This is the only picture I got at a Christmas market. It was just too cold to take the time to stop and get my camera out :) |
We really enjoyed spending some time in Germany during the Christmas season before heading home to the states for Christmas with family.


#1--Cute boggan in that last pic!!! #2--I could eat Grey w/ a spoon at him decorating that tree. His little face! #3--Miss you!
ReplyDelete