Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Army 10 Miler

I did the Army 10 miler last Sat. and was so proud of myself for running the whole thing.  It wasn't that fast (finished in 1 hr. and 45 min.=10:30/mile pace) but the longest I had run previously was 5 miles.  I only thought I would be able to run the first 7-8 miles and thought I might walk the last little bit, but my competitive side got the best of me and I had to keep going.  I also couldn't stop because I had a massive blister on my heel and as crazy as it sounds...it hurt worse to quit running.  I was pretty proud of myself because I have never really pushed myself like that physically and it felt good to accomplish my goal.

Me and some friends before the race.
I was a little nervous at this point...no turning back!

Crossing the finish line...such a good feeling!
After the race

Eating my orange and banana after the race.  Note to self: it is not cute when you make ugly faces at the camera!

The aftermath!  The medics drained it and luckily the next day it really wasn't that bad.  It hurt at the time, but it looks a lot worse than it really was.


We celebrated the race with an afternoon picking strawberries.  It was a gorgeous day! 

We cheered on Davis picking strawberries, like he cheered me on during the race :)

No comments:

Post a Comment