Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 12, 2012

7 months


I am waaay behind on updating, so I am just going to go with bullet points because they are a lot less overwhelming to me when I have so much to get in.
-Grey turned 6 months on my 29th birthday. We had a small celebration, but it was extra special because Davis was home to celebrate with us.
-Davis was home for the first 2 weeks of this month and we soaked up every minute with him. Grey just stared at Davis and studied him when we picked him up at the airport. He wasn't scared or anything, but just was taking it all in. He warmed up to him really quickly though and it was all smiles from there.
-While Davis was home Grey got to spend his first night away from me because Davis and I went to Nashville by ourselves to celebrate my birthday and just to get away. He did great and I guess I should add that I think I did pretty great too for leaving him for the first time. It didn't hurt that I could not wait to spend the time with Davis. I had heard so many people tell me it was going to be so hard and horrible the first time I left him and as bad as it sounds it really wasn't. It was hard leaving because I felt like I was going to forget something or forget to tell my mom or Davis' mom something, but once I was out the door it was all good.
-Grey also got to take his first trip to KY to visit Davis' grandmother and lots of other family there. It was nice for him to get to meet everyone there and it was nice for Davis and I to get to visit also.
-Grey got his first cold/sickness at the end of Davis' 2 weeks home. We have been so lucky that he has not been sick very much. We were also very lucky he was not sicker this time because everyone else that got the crud seemed to have it for longer and it seemed to be more intense than Grey's did.
-This month Grey started getting on all fours and rocking back and forth like he wants to crawl. He watches all his big cousins and you can just tell he wants to jump up and play with them.
-He started playing coy with people this month, which I think is about the cutest thing ever. He ducks that head like he is being bashful and my heart just melts.
-Grey loves watching Praise Baby on TV and I was letting him watch it almost everyday, but have slacked off lately because of all the bad things I have read about TV before the age of 2. I just use it when I really need to shower and he is up or if he is really fussy now.
-He continues to like just about every food I have put in front of him. A couple of times he has acted like he doesn't like something, but then when I give it to him again he eats it just fine. I guess it just takes some getting used to new tastes.
-He is nursing every 3 1/2 -4 hours and eating fruit and cereal in the morning and usually 2 veggies and some cereal at night. He likes the little puffs cereal a lot too.
-He sleeps from 7pm to 7am usually, but I still get him up for a dream feed around 10 or so.
Okay enough talk....onto the pictures












Doesn't he look like a natural?? I'm so lucky!




No comments:

Post a Comment