Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Aunt Allie Comes to Germany


Toward the end of September Allison came to Germany to help me wrap things up and to help me fly/travel with Grey. I picked her up at the Munich airport and met her with many happy tears. Grey was so excited to meet his Aunt Allie!
We headed to Oktoberfest because you can't be that close to it and not take the opportunity to see what it is all about. Grey was great and just slept in his stroller most of the day. We just went in one of the beer tents to get a feel for it and walked around and we had already had enough of the crowds so we headed back to the car. This was the first time I had to figure out the trains without Davis and quickly realized I should have paid closer attention. We made it though and only missed one train.
Grey sleeping through his first Oktoberfest
Don't worry, I didn't let him try it this year!



Once we made it to the car we headed to the little town of Fussen. It was getting dark and the GPS took us some crazy back way with no street lights. It was quite scary and after multiple near panic attacks we finally made it to our hotel.
The next morning we woke up on this cute little town and headed to Neuschwanstein. It is the castle that the Disney Cinderella castle was modeled after. It did not disappoint! It was gorgeous! Grey did fabulously again, but this time in the baby Bjorn.



That night we headed back to my town of Eschenbach to get things ready to go back to the states. We took some little day trips and Allison got to meet some of my friends in Germany and kind of get a glimpse into my life over there. It was so fun!

Finally, we were ready to fly home after 3 huge boxes were mailed to the states and I crammed all I could in 2 oversize suitcases. Luckily we were able to take Grey's car seat on the plane because they had an extra seat so he slept most of the flight. He just woke up to eat and did not cry once. Everything was perfect until we finally got to Allison's house in SC after 26 hours of traveling and only 2 hours of sleep and I was ready to pass out. Guess who wanted to party? Grey thought it was morning time, which it was in Germany, but it was 1 am and I was pooped. The next couple days are truthfully a blur. I was so tired and Grey was so confused with is sleeping and eating, but we survived and were so glad to see family!
Now we have 5 months to enjoy family and friends in the states until we have to make another long trip back to Germany!





No comments:

Post a Comment